If there's one thing Jurassic Park taught us, it's that when the amusement park you helicoptered to descends into prehistoric chaos, turn to the paleobotanist in the group to get you out alive. Played by Lauren Dern in the 1993 Steven Spielberg thriller, Dr. Ellie Sattler is the film's fearless scientist heroine who uses brains and a quick wit to keep the gang alive. While we've located where you can get the look of Dr. Sattler online, most of these pieces could be found with some effortless digging at a local thrift shop. Get to it, and help save Halloween from those vicious raptors!
- Pleated Khaki Shorts ($54) — The shorts are essential for playing this '90s scientist in the Costa Rican (by way of Hawaii) jungle. And no ordinary khaki crop will do, make sure the telltale mark of the decade is present: a pleated front.
- Coral Oxford Shirt ($30) — A mutant amusement park is no place to let your professionalism fall by the wayside. A coral shirt with chest pocket tied at the waist channels our scientist pro perfectly.
- Blue Tank ($10) — Bonus points if you go as post-dinosaur attack Ellie and add some well-placed blood to the top.
- Hiking Boots ($150) — Only a classic Timberland boot can handle awestruck dinosaur exploration to be followed by dinosaur fighting.
- Hiking Socks ($45) — Go for the full look with a careful scrunch of the top of the socks over the boots.