This happens to the best of us. You get sidetracked from work and next thing you know Facebook and Twitter has sucked you in for over an hour and your boss is wondering if your Power Point presentation is ready — yikes! Well thanks to this site I saw on Lifehacker, you can get warnings to prevent you from wasting your day away on social networking sites.
Just go to KeepMeOut, enter the URL for the site that's stealing your precious time, type in the length of time between warning alerts, and then each time you visit that site, you'll be navigated away from it (it bookmarks a different URL) or it will give you a warning.
Found a cool website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!