Skip Nav

Laptop Spontaneously Ignites On Mattress

Whenever I use my MacBook on my lap, it always feels as though it is burning my legs since it gets so incredibly hot. So maybe an iPod can burn through a man's pants, but did you know that a laptop caught on fire while on a bed? According to Engadget, a man's IBM ThinkPad R50e burned right through his mattress shortly after he went to bed. Luckily he hadn't fallen asleep yet and was able to put the fire out. And get this, the laptop's screen may have went up in flames, but he's still able to use the laptop by connecting it to an external screen. . . Scary but true!


Source

Latest Tech