I'm not making any promises about what I'll do if/when the new iPhone is announced next month, but I'm entirely behind the philosophy of the website Last Year's Model.
Last Year's Model advocates the virtues of not upgrading your gadgets — whether it's to save money, to be earth-conscious, or because you simply don't need to.
It seems especially timely because of the current recession, but being conscientious about upgrading (especially if you tend to do it just because you want something new) is something we should all be thinking about at any time.
To participate, just go to the Facebook page and sign up, and say why you're sticking with one of your older gadgets. Mine? My Canon Rebel XT SLR, because it still takes, and will continue to take, gorgeous photos.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I'm done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!