In January, I ordered a new computer! After a lot of research on computers (I looked at Dells, HPs, Toshibas, Asus, and more), there were only a few that fit my needs. I needed a fairly inexpensive computer to replace my Sony, but I needed a good computer as well. Around $1,000 (which I realize isn't inexpensive for a laptop, but for what I needed . . .) I wanted a nice processor at 2.4 GHz or above, at the least a 512 MB graphics card, at the least a 320 GB HD, and I didn't want it to look really ugly.
At first, Lenovo wasn't even in the picture. Then I found this computer . . .
While my exact model isn't available there, what I got was from Buy.com and it's cheaper than Lenovo's site! I love this computer - it is really nice looking, light, portable, and fun.
To see the details about what kitkatherine loves about the Lenovo y550p, just read on.
- The keyboard is a nice size. It feels nice, and types well.
- The LED lights look sweet — and the little ideapad logo is really neat.
- The sound on this thing is nice — it has a subwoofer, which is noticable when tested against my fiancee's MacBook Pro that is broken and basically plays sound far too loud.
- The screen is bright and easy to read.
- The computer can run Illustrator, Photoshop, World of Warcraft, and Google Chrome with no slow down.
- Great at running any application or game with the processor.
- The graphics card helps with games — my games look excellent.
- Lots of storage — 500 GB. I've only used maybe 200 GB, a good portion of that for photos.
- Windows 7 is great. I have little to no problems with it.
- The computer is light, and is carried easily in a backpack (I'm 5' 2").
- I love the orange accents
- HDMI port, yes!
- Not a loud fan. I heard others complain about this but I don't see it at all. Not when I have an airplane launching in the MacBook Pro that always sits next to me.
Don't stop there — kitkatherine has a full list of pros and cons on her blog post in the GeekSugar community. Go check it out in the Geek Gear Review group, and don't forget to submit your own reviews! Yours may be featured on GeekSugar!