Get your cameras ready folks, cause today marks the start of the YouTube Life in a Day project, where you could be included in a new and first-of-its-kind crowd-sourced documentary that is being produced by Ridley Scott and directed by Oscar winner Kevin MacDonald. What do you have to do? Capture a moment in your life today and submit it to the project. That's it! The most compelling and interesting submissions will be selected and cut together to form a cohesive documentary, and if you're chosen, you'll be listed as one of the co-directors of the film.
What's more, 20 co-directors will be chosen to appear at Sundance alongside Kevin MacDonald. Want more details? Just keep reading.
Here's what you have to do to submit your videos:
- Capture your life over the course of a single day. You can begin filming at 12:01 a.m. on July 24 (your time zone) and end at 11:59 p.m.
- Try to capture three things: what you fear, what you love, and what makes you laugh
- Film what's in your pocket
- Submit your clips (you can submit as many as you'd like) to the Life in a Day YouTube page by clicking on the "Submit" tab between July 24 and July 31
- You can use documentary-style footage, create a fictional story, or vlog
- You must be over the age of 13 and have an active YouTube account to submit
Check out director Kevin MacDonald talking about the project below! Happy filming!