There's been a few times that I've been at the office and have needed to look up a name, contact, song, or detail in a file that is on my home computer, but I can't exactly run home to get it. So it was kind of a lifesaver that I found LogMeIn before a meeting. LogMeIn is a totally secure and safe site that lets you network with your home PC or Mac online from whatever computer you're currently using. Just a simple set up with a secure password and log-in info, you're ready to go. Plus with LogMeIn's iPhone App you don't even have to be at a computer at all to check out your home desktop. LogMeIn is free to use on your computer, but the iPhone App will set you back $30 dollars.
Found a cool website you want to share with us? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!