The lines, media frenzy and general geekiness surrounding last Friday's iPhone launch were nothing less of awe-inspiring. I can honestly say I have never seen 1,000 people ogling a single gadget with such curiosity, adoration and desire. While I spent the day reporting from the Apple Store in downtown San Francisco, I asked any of you who were participating in the madness to share your stories as well. And, while not all of you were able to take the day off work to get your hands on the iPhone, geeksugar reader and resident Mac expert, macgirl was quick to share details of her whole day - from the line at the Apple Store in Newport Beach, Ca to her unboxing. Her photos compare the iPhone to her Treo and offer those of you that haven't had a chance to see it in person a brilliant sneak peek at the phone. She reports: "First let me start out by saying it is way neater than I could have ever imagined. The fact that you couldn't play with it ahead of time made it even better. I felt like Jack in Nightmare Before Christmas 'what's this??!??'" I couldn't agree more.
To check out more additional pictures from macgirl's unboxing,
Check out macgirl's "first thoughts" about the phone in her blog on TeamSugar!
Of course, if you waited in line don't forget share your photos in the Geeky Things I Love group. To learn how to share, see list below.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Geeky Things I Love
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this post was "museum, Lego")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Geeky Things I Love and start sharing your photos. They might end up on the geeksugar homepage!