Get the lowdown on each carrier after the break.
Effective March 11, and running through March 31, all US AT&T customers will receive:
- Free international calls and text messaging to Japan.
- US landline customers can apply for up to 60 minutes of credits for direct calls to Japan.
Effective March 11, and running through April 10, Verizon is offering up the following:
- All post-paid wireless accounts (receiving a bill at the end of the month) can make international calls, texts, and MMS to Japan free of charge.
- All calls to Japan made from US landlines will be free.
- All charges for calls made to Japan from prepaid phone cards will be waived.
- Verizon will be providing FiOS customers free access to TV Japan (channel 1770) through March 17.
- All text messages made to one of the many available donation numbers can be made free of charge.
Image Source: Getty