You know the drill: you get a Facebook reminder that it's your friend's birthday, so you end up writing her an email, or you post a brief note to her Facebook wall. Rather than follow everyone else's lead by posting an impersonal b-day message on Facebook, why not create a collective album of online letters that you and your friends can send to the birthday girl on her special day? A cool new site called From a Birdie, which I found on makeuseof, is similar to the site GroupCard because it allows an entire group of people to collaborate on a personalized card or letter. But what makes this site even better is the fact that you can add photos to your messages, there aren't any size restrictions on the messages or size of photos, and the group album gets its own password-protected website. From a Birdie will email your friend on the day you choose to let them know they have a little surprise waiting for them!
Have an interesting website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click "New Post" under the website of the day tab at the top of the page.
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Type "Technology and Gadgets" in the Categories box
- Add keyword(s) in the tag field with relevant tags (for example mine for this story was "Website of the Day").
- Choose whether you want the post to be private or public.
- Click "Create Post" to submit content.