With Summer quickly approaching, many of us will soon be slipping into skirts, sundresses, and dreaded — bikinis! If you're planning on getting your exercise on, a site called Walk Jog Run will help you map out a walking/running route, tell you how far the route is and what speed you need to go to burn a certain amount of calories.
It's really easy to use. First you enter your location and then you can just draw the route you want on the map, and click "Save Your Route" so that you can access it another time. And if you click on the "Routes" tab, you can see the most recently added routes in your area.
Walk Jog Run has also launched an iPhone app. Similar to the site, you can check out user created routes and this app will use your phone's geolocation functionality to show running routes near you.
Unfortunately, you can't create new routes with this app, but the developer says its on its way. The WalkJogRun Routes app costs $2.99.
Found a cool website you'd like to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!