Google certainly has expensive taste — news broke today of the search engine behemoth acquiring navigational app Waze for a mind-boggling $1.3 billion. Even with Google's spend-happy acquisition history, this purchase is one of their most costly ones. Here are the most expensive purchases by Google:
- Motorola Mobility: $12.5 billion in 2011.
- DoubleClick: $3.1 billion in 2007.
- YouTube: $1.6 billion in 2006.
- Waze: $1.3 billion in 2013.
- AdMob: $750 million in 2009.
- ITA software: $676 million in 2010.
- Postini: $625 million in 2007.
- Slide.com: $228 million in 2010.
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.