Every month on geeksugar I offer my picks for the top five gadgets, gizmos and techie treats you need to get through the month. August means last minute summer vacations, gearing up for fall and fun, flirty colors. Check out these five buys that will help you on the road to being completely geek chic!
To find out about these must-haves, just read more
- The pink Sumo laptop sleeve offers a simple and safe way to transport your laptop, whether you stick it in a larger bag or carry it. The sleeve is $34.99 and made from quilted corduroy and comes in an assortment of sizes (13", 15", and 17"). Comes in pink, black, red and green. Enter the promotion code "koloparis" at kolobags.com to get 10 percent off any order over $50 now through the end of August.
- Dress up your boring headphones with the inexpensive Emotibud Earbud Set. You can select from a series of funny, colorful emotibuds to suit your mood. It's $16 for a set of four, headphones not included.
- The Solar Beach Bag is the must-have bag of the summer because it combines solar power with geek chic style. All you have to do is plug in your iPod, cell phone, GPS, or camera right into the bag using your car adapter and your gadgets will charge-up. It costs $250.
- The Sonic Impact i-F2 Speaker w/ Remote-Black is perfect for playing music from your iPod, MP3 player or iPhone on the go. For $150 you get a set of i-F2 speakers in a small, portable case. Slip it in your beach bag and go!
- No doubt about it, the iPhone is the gadget of the summer. For $499 (for the 4 GB) or $599 (for the 8GB), you get an iPod, phone, web access, Youtube all-around smartphone. Enough said.