- My mom learned how to make emoticons on IM. It might have been accidental, but mom finally discovered how to make those cute smiley and frowny faces.
- Then she learned how to use Facebook, kind of. My mom doesn't waste time, so when she was faced with a few days at home and a stretch of free time, she decided to teach herself how to use Facebook. As soon as she uploaded a few photos she assumed I'd been checking them out.
To see a few more of my faves, just
- I taught my three-year-old niece and 81-year-old grandmother how to use the Wii. Call it a futuristic moment of family bonding, but teaching my family the Wii was one of the highlights of my holiday. I like that we're all able to enjoy technology together!
- My dad came up with a highly technical term for his email in-box. Luckily, I speak "dad" when it comes to computer questions.
- One reader's dad learned about "wiffy." Some vindication! My family isn't the only family that has geeky and hilarious moments. I love this story shared by reader GirlC. I love hearing about other funny family tech stories besides my own.
Are your parents or grandparents as tech-savvy as you? Do you have a funny story to share? Then tell us about it by posting to our Funny Tech Stories group! You (and your fam) could end up on GeekSugar.