I spent New Year's Eve in San Francisco with a bunch of my geeky Stanford classmates and my boyfriend. Enjoying a night with old friends made me think about the upcoming year, my aspirations and resolutions that might help me obtain them. I'm hoping someone out there will hold me to these.
In 2007, I will...
- Keep My Desktop Clean - Am I the only person on earth whose computer desktop is covered with Stickies, jpgs and snippets from websites by the end of the week? And don't even get me started on my bookmarks! I will create an organized folder system and stick with it in 2007.
- Read More Reviews - I can never get enough, however, this year I want to learn more about what the average techie, particularly all you girl geeks, thinks of the latest gizmos instead of just the big boys.
- Digg More - I am online so much of the day and constantly inundated with great (and sometimes not-so-great) websites. This year, I will use Digg.com more often to see what other people like, and hopefully make them fall in love with the wonder that is geeksugar.
- Combat TiVNo - Last month, Buzz informed me there is actually a term for all of the things you TiVo but never watch: TiVNo. In 2007, I vow to pay attention to what I'm TiVoing so that I can actually utilize TiVo to get access to the shows I want to watch. And, because he lets me record The Hills and every HGTV show without question, I'll let my boyfriend TiVo those swimsuit shows he lusts after.
- Teach My Parents to Use YouTube and Flickr - My dad is always calling me up and saying, "The New York Times had this great article about this YouTube video, you should check it out." But, when I ask him further, he's never seen it. Also, he and mom not using Flickr is totally messing with my traveling schedule.
- Accessorize My Gadgets -My excuse for not working out everyday has been the fact that my iPod armband broke and I won't be able to listen to my iPod while I'm on the treadmill. I will get a new armband and get back on the horse, as they say. I will also get a cute case for my Blackberry, which is getting all gashed up.
- Spend Time With Smart People - My formal education may be complete, but that doesn't mean I'm finished learning. I want to learn more about programming, photography and web design, all of which I hope to pick up from my smarty-pants friends.
- Beat My Boss in Wii Bowling -This one is a bit of a no-brainer, but my boss is a Wii bowling champion and that needs to be remedied. Stat!
For the rest of my resolutions, just