Science enthusiasts' favorite astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson is vocal in educating the public on universal truths, scientific errors in movies, and life in general. He also wants to show us the way when it comes to adding to our ever-expanding book lists.
During a Reddit AMA, one literary commenter asked Neil which books should be read by every person on the planet, to which the director of the Hayden Planetarium offered the following eight books. Consuming these books, he said, provides "profound insight into most of what has driven the history of the Western world."
- The Bible
- The System of the World, Sir Isaac Newton
- On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin
- Gulliver's Travels, Jonathan Swift
- The Age of Reason, Thomas Paine
- The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith
- The Art of War, Sun Tzu
- The Prince, Niccolò Machiavelli
Have you read any of the books on Neil's suggested reading list? How did they impact your life?