We've got good news and bad news (but mostly good) in Emojiland.
The good: A new set of emojis is coming! Unicode, the organization that creates emojis and standardizes text across all software, has released an update  that includes a middle finger — it's true! — and more life-changing symbols.
The bad: We have to wait on Apple, Google, and Microsoft for word as to when the emoji will actually hit our phones and what, exactly, it will look like. Just because Unicode has drawn up a middle finger sadly doesn't necessarily mean it will make it to our iPhones. (Similarly, Apple has promised it will make emoji symbols more diverse , and just because Unicode hasn't released characters of color doesn't mean it won't happen.)
What we know for sure is that Unicode came out with a chart  featuring the new symbols highlighted in yellow and said there were "approximately 250" additions in total.
Here are the ones we can't wait to see — for better or for worse — assuming developers will make them happen:
- Man in business suit levitating: Umm, what?
- Solid quilt square ornament: For texts to grandma
- Black hard shell floppy disk: Throwing it back
- White sun behind cloud with rain: Aka I will survive
- Fork and knife with plate: Nom
- Chipmunk: Because duh
- Envelope with lightning: ???
- Reversed hand with middle finger extended: !!!
- Raised hand with part between middle and ring fingers: That's the Vulcan salute — Live Long and Prosper!
- Trackball: Like under the mouse?
- Right anger bubble: Because it's better than left anger bubble
What's the emoji for "can't wait"?
For More Important Emoji News . . .
- Find Out What Your Favorite Emojis Really Say About You 
- Discover the Real Meaning Behind Those Vague Emojis 
Source: Emojipedia  and Etsy user theonlyship