Google Earth 5, available for download now, includes photos, videos, tours, and maps, all wrapped up in a brand-new site. According to Google, the new Google Earth has five main areas of improvement; find out what they are after the break.
- Featured content areas showcase the moon, oceans, notable buildings (in 3D!), and more.
- Video tutorials that teach you everything from how to get started using the site to how to create placemarks, record a tour, or import GPS data.
- Compatibility with Google Maps and Google Earth apps for your phone for a complete user experience.
- Forums to create a feeling of community on the site, plus improved newsletters, blog posts, and social networking to help you stay connected.
- New, special pages created for teachers, media, businesses, and more to take full advantage of all Google Earth functionality.
Check out the new site at earth.google.com and start exploring!