I can't say enough good things about Firefox 3 — it's extremely fast, has an intuitive interface and uses much less memory than Firefox 2 (hence, fewer Firefox crashes). But, you knew it was coming, I cannot adjust to the "Smart Location Bar," or as others have been calling it, the "Awesome Bar." I don't want my location bar to suggest 12 bookmarks and URLs that resemble what I've previously visited when I type in a search — auto search is definitely not for me.
If you are feeling the same way as me, get your Firefox 3 location bar to look like Firefox 2 with a download called oldbar. Now when I type in geeksugar, it will take me to geeksugar.com and show me other geeksugar sites I've visited - the good old way - and not to some random other site!
Do you have a cool download like this one to share with geeksugar readers? To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Download of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Download of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Download of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Download of the Day group and share information about all your favorite downloads! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!