- Airbnb — This website allows "hosts" to rent out their apartments, bedrooms, living rooms, or entire houses to guests on the cheap. Not just a place to rest your head at night, Airbnb hosts are known for having a knack for hospitality: tea, coffee, muffins, and even sometimes a home-cooked meal await you in the morning, while other hosts act as tour guides for their guests. It's a great way to see a new place from a local's perspective, and save some money on lodging.
- Glamping Hub — Want to dip your toes in the outdoors but don't want to feel like you're roughing it? Glamping Hub lets you browse through and book some amazing outdoor accommodations so you can still feel in touch with nature, but get high class amenities like an actual bed, 600-thread count sheets, beachfront views, and even shopping and laundry services so you can stay fresh while you relax, all at extremely affordable prices.
See the rest of the list after the break!
- Kayak — Now that you've found a place to stay, get there for less by using Kayak. This service allows you to search and compare prices on flights (and hotels, cars, and vacation packages), even giving you insight on whether you should buy now or wait since the service analyzes seasonal pricing and sale info.
- Vayable — Don't just follow the crowds once you get to your destination. Get an insiders look at your location via a tour through Vayable. Like Airbnb, Vayable offers a local's perspective by offering up bike tours, tastings, art walks, boat rentals, and other interesting activities given by local experts.
- HotelTonight — Into a spur-of-the-moment kind of vacation (or staycation)? Download the HotelTonight app and find three awesome hotels that have last-minute availability at amazing prices. Currently available in a handful of US markets, you can find great rates in fabulous cities.
Image Source: Thinkstock