America's media empress Oprah Winfrey has released her annual gift guide, Oprah's Favorite Things, and we weren't shocked that some choice gadgets made the list. Oprah's favorite electronics are pretty standard (Kindle), but there are some high-tech surprises (Galaxy Gear) on her wishlist. Take a look at Ms. Winfrey's favorite things, and let us know which ones you're coveting for the holidays.
- Mophie Juice Pack Helium ($80) — This case has a built-in 15800 mAh battery that gives your phone an extra 80 percent power. It's available in black, white, purple, green, pink, red, and blue.
- Galaxy Gear ($300) — Samsung unveiled its wearable tech earlier this year. The smartwatch can pair with the Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 10.1, and Galaxy S4 and notify its wearers of incoming calls, texts, and emails. You can also make calls from the watch itself, using the built-in microphone.
- Beats Studio Headphones ($300) — The redesigned Beats Studio Headphones come in a new matte black, as well as white, red, and yellow. The audio gear has a 20-hour rechargeable battery and features adaptive noise cancelling, as well as an in-line microphone.
- Qooq Kitchen Tablet ($399) — With tons of recipes, videos, and meal-scheduling apps built-in, this tablet is a techie chef's dream. Most importably, Qooq is spill-, splash-, and smudge-proof.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ($300 with two-year contract) — Samsung's newest phone-tablet hybrid has a new leather-like back and a more responsive stylus. Its screen has also been increased from 5.5 inches to a 5.7-inch super AMOLED 1080p display.
- Kindle Paperwhite ($119) — Amazon's next-generation ereader has higher resolution and better contrast than the previous version. Its processor has also been upgraded, but its most significant improvements can be seen in the software, which now has vocabulary building tools and Goodreads integration.