geeksugar sees its fair share of weird, wild, and wacky products — useless USB products come to mind — but do you ever think about its birth?
Somebody had to submit a patent for it, sketch it out, and someone else looked at it and approved it. Whether these inventions get made or not, Patently Silly has a compilation of patent submissions that may or may not be made.
I'm totally feeling like Seth and Amy's "Really?!" segment on SNL's Weekend Update for some of these— sketches for stuff like the Cross USB Drive, the hiccup-treatment device (pictured) and then there are the silly but sort of good ideas, like the weed-whacking golf club (which is all I can do with a golf club, by the way).
You know, I would so love to see the sketch of the patent for the USB humping dog.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!