Do you ever find yourself printing up maps, recipes, or articles from the Internet, but rather than just getting the doc you want, you end up with a page filled with advertisements and graphics? A new site called The Printliminator, which I spotted on makeuseof, is a bookmarklet tool that will help you remove all of the "junk" on webpages before you click print — helping you save ink and paper.To get started, just drag the bookmarklet into your bookmarks toolbar, and then go to the website you want to print from and click the button. From there you'll be able to select the stuff you don't want included on your page. Be careful what you remove because there isn't a back button (you can always just go back to the site if you want to make changes). If you like this site, another website to help you print clean and easy to read webpages is PrintFriendly.
Have an interesting website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click "New Post" under the website of the day tab at the top of the page.
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Type "Technology and Gadgets" in the Categories box
- Add keyword(s) in the tag field with relevant tags (for example mine for this story was "Website of the Day").
- Choose whether you want the post to be private or public.
- Click "Create Post" to submit content.