For a few hours last week we couldn't log onto our Facebook accounts, so I wondered what you were doing instead, and here are the results. Turns out most readers were determined to find other ways to while away the hours; 38 percent of you said that you found other ways to waste time online. But not all productivity was lost: 27 percent of you actually did some work because of the outage. But the big congratulations goes to those of you who opted for some real-life fun — 20 percent of you took the time to go offline.
Fifteen percent of you had another answer to give, and I loved what you had to say in comments. Turns out some of you didn't even know that Facebook was down! Maybe some of the 700 billion collective minutes we spend on Facebook each month happen when we're not on company time? Check out some of your reactions after the break.
- "I had no idea it was even down." — arc9940
- "I quit facebook (and numerous other SNets) a few weeks ago, so I socialized the analog way." — thecolor
- "The only way that I knew that FB was down was due to people talking about it on Twitter. It doesn't bother me all that much when FB is down; it's not a tool you use as much as Twitter during the day. When Twitter goes down, communication comes to a screeching halt and that's a headache. Also, from what I hear, the FB mobile app was working fine during the entire outage. Always a good tip to check that if the website is down." — gingermiller53
- "I barely use Facebook, so it's outage wasn't an issue for me." — Vampyre
- "Facebook was down? Due to the beautiful weather we're having here in SoCal I was outside enjoying it. I highly recommend it. At least you'll have a something good to put on your status update." — Akasha
Have anything else to add? Share in the comments below!