Cingular Wireless commissioned a survey of adult cell phone users to determine how cell phones have affected their romantic lives and the results are pretty much as expected. Thirty-three percent of people surveyed say they communicate with their date or mate via text messaging in 2007, an increase of six percentage points from last year. Twenty-eight percent of users also report using text messaging to flirt...does that mean people are sending dirty text messages?
Survey Findings Include:
- Thirty-eight percent of respondents said that a date answered his or her wireless phone in the midst of a great dinner conversation while 31 percent said they had done the same
- Twenty-eight percent have used text messaging to avoid long conversations
- Seventeen percent reported that a wireless phone has saved them from an
- Twelve percent have used text messaging news as a conversation starter
with a date or mate
- Eight percent of respondents say they have ended a relationship over
rude/offensive wireless behavior
- Five percent of respondents have called someone else he or she was interested in from a wireless phone while on a date and seven percent reported that their date had done so
- Six percent have judged a prospective date by the phone they use
For the rest of the survey results, just read more
Also significant in the survey results, 59 percent of active daters use text messaging to communicate with their dates, while only 30 percent of those who are married, in a committed relationship or not dating do the same with their partners.