You've seen it before — wireless carriers take advantage of the gift-giving holidays and offer great deals on mobile phones. However, if this leaked script is legit, you may want to clear your schedule for June 19. According to sources, a leaked commercial script indicates that T-Mobile will be offering up every phone in their stores for free with the activation of a family plan in celebration of Father's Day.
T-Mobile's family plans start at $50 a month (with each additional line costing only $5), which is pretty affordable by most standards. And although the script doesn't mention anything about contracts, you can bet that your signature on a two-year contract is a "free phone" requirement. If this rumor does end up being true, which phones should you grab? I've got my top five picks after the break.
- HTC HD2 — Running Windows Mobile 6.5, the HTC HD2 offers up a nice 4.3-inch touchscreen display, 5MP camera, and includes a 16GB memory card alongside a 1GHz processor.
- HTC Touch Pro2 — Do it all on the Touch Pro2 that gives you a touchscreen display and the QWERTY keyboard you're used to. Connect with Bluetooth, 3G, and take photos and video with the 3.2MP camera.
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 — The white 9700 is a looker, and comes stocked with a 3.2MP photo and video camera, a QWERTY keyboard for fast texting and emailing, 3G connectivity, Bluetooth, and hands-free options.
- myTouch 3G Fender — Why stop at the regular myTouch 3G if you can get the special edition Fender model? Coming with a 16GB memory card to store your tunes, the myTouch 3G Fender comes correct with Android OS, a 3.5mm headphone jack, music player, 3G connectivity, voice recognition, and dual touchscreen and QWERTY keyboards.
- Sidekick LX — The 3G LX comes with the Sidekick's signature swivel screen, an intuitive social networking interface, and web browsing. Perfect for the socially-connected teen in your life!