A few days ago I asked you guys to help me find great Valentine's Day gifts for my geeky valentine, and while Brian's pick may be a little more extravagant than you are ready for, there is no reason a geeky girl or guy can't dream.
For those of you that missed it, last week the makers of Mini Coopers launched a new ad campaign with special billboards displaying personalized messages for mini drivers as they go by. How does it work? Mini Cooper drivers in trial cities filled out questionnaires with information like birth dates and special interests - for example "I love my girlfriend," "I need to work out after work" and "I love my boyfriend." The drivers were then given a chip with Radio Frequency Identification technology inside and the magic of technology takes over. Can you imagine getting your significant other a new Mini Cooper and then sending over a cute love-y dovey message? Too cute! What are you getting for your geeky Valentine? To learn how to post something to the My Geeky Valentine Group, read more
And I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the My Geeky Valentine Group
- Click "Participate!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "food and entertaining"
- Add keywords (for example mine for this photo were "My Geeky Valentine, boxers, geek gifts")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the My Geeky Valentine Group and start posting your great finds!