If you haven't been tuning into Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles lately, you've been missing out on some sweet geeky hotness (i.e.: Brian Austin Green and Thomas Dekker). . .and that's about it. The show itself is pretty comical (not in a good way), but definitely action packed — if you like sweaty men running around with guns that are being hunted by cybernetic organisms from the future. And who doesn't, right? Right. Despite the backlash of viewers accusing the show of having continuity and character issues, it's still doing pretty well for itself since crushing the competition its opening week.
Although I'm not a big fan of the show, I am a fan of Summer Glau. And on day three of WonderCon, I was not alone. Many of my Firefly and Serenity comrades were in the crowd as well to support our "River Tam." Even though I give the show a stinker "thumbs down," the cast was hilarious and totally entertaining during the panel. To read some of the highlights and to catch a trailer of the show just
- On the fun they have behind the scenes: "Thomas comes in each morning wearing sunglasses – even if it's raining – and rehearses as a different character, not as John Connor. It makes the directors nervous."
- Writer Josh Freidman on convincing producers to bring a Reese back from the dead: "I was sitting in a coffee shop with James Middleton, and I was like, "Dude! I know what I'm gonna do — I'm gonna bring Kyle Reese back" and he said, "You're gonna get Fu**ing killed!" I had this whole thing worked out and he was looking at me like I was crazy. So I was like, "How 'bout his brother?" and he said "Oh, that would be good."
- Josh Freidman's ideal tag line for the show: "The Ultimate Nuclear Family."
- Brian Austin Green on if he thought writer John Freidman had him in mind when writing the character: "I don't think so! I don't think he wrote the character and thought I'm gonna get Brian Austin Green for this. When I think Action, I think Brian Austin Green. Former DJ. . . Action star."
- And John on hiring Brian to play Derek: "Well Brian came in to audition and just knocked it out of the park. So I sat there and thought, "Sh*t! I'm gonna hire Brian Austin Green to play this part!"
- Summer on reading the show's message boards: "I can't go on the boards. . . but I let my mom send me some of the good links and she'll say "See? People like you! And I'll click on that."
- Josh's reply when asked if he's heard that there's going to be a T4: "There is!?"
Check out the trailer of Terminator: The Sara Connor Chronicles below. Catch the season finale on Monday at 9 p.m. PST.