So maybe we don't have superhuman strength or the gift of flight, but we can still spread goodwill this Thanksgiving. Many households won't experience the sweet smells of pumpkin pie, gravy bubbling over the stove, and roasting turkey over the holidays — unless we all pitch in and lend a helping hand to families across America. If Power Rangers can give back on Thanksgiving, well then, so can we!
It's time to get to a computer and give the gift of Thanksgiving with websites that make online donations quick and easy.
- Feeding America Virtual Food Drive — Set up your own virtual fundraiser with the help of Feeding America. You've got all the tools at your disposal to create a page, set a goal, and ask others to donate. Alternatively, you can shop the online grocery catalog to donate specific food items like chicken, milk, and potatoes. There's also a page to donate the amount of your choosing via Amazon payments.
More ways to give back this Thanksgiving after the break.
- Family-to-Family Turkey Drive — Send a scrumptious roast turkey, plus one side dish like potatoes or stuffing, to a family in need with a $15 donation via PayPal. Generous turkey contributors can also elect to donate a "flock of turkeys" to feed more than one family.
- City Team Project Give — City Team International provides all the resources you need to organize and host a turkey drive at your organization, workplace, or neighborhood. There are drop-off locations for the donations in Northern California, Portland, and Philadelphia. If you don't live in those areas, make a contribution online via PayPal, or wire a transfer by emailing email@example.com.
- No Kid Hungry — Forget Thanksgiving, why not feed a kid for a whole year? Donate a tax-deductible $46, and you'll feed one child for a whole year (that's 220 meals), giving them the nutrition and energy they need to grow and learn.
- American Red Cross Disaster Relief — Those left without a home due to Hurricane Sandy will rely on shelters provided by the Red Cross over the holidays. Help disaster relief efforts by contributing $10 online. Make the donation in honor of someone you're thankful for, and the Red Cross will send them an ecard or printed card with a personal message attached.