TiVo introduced its newest lineup today in NYC: the Premiere ($300) and Premiere XL ($400) boxes, which will both be available in early April for your media consuming needs. One of the main differences between TiVo's Series 3 boxes and these new Series 4 units is the shiny new HD flash interface (Flash? Isn't that going the way of the pager?), which utilizes larger HD screens to bring you all kinds of media in one place: cable TV, movies, music, and web.
The new boxes are smaller than previous models but aren't lacking in power — the Premiere will come stocked with a 320GB hard drive capable of up to 45 hours of HD recording, while the Premiere XL will host 1TB of storage and up to 150 hours of recording time. Alongside the new boxes, TiVo also released a QWERTY Bluetooth keyboard remote for easy button mashing.
To hear more about the TiVo Premiere and Premiere XL, just
- TiVo announced deals with Pandora for Internet radio streaming
- Swivel Search allows you to search TV, Internet, Netflix, Amazon On Demand, Blockbuster On Demand, and YouTube for specific actors and keywords
- Onscreen disk space meter shows you how much room you have left in storage
- THX sound certified
- Comes with one Ethernet connector, two USB 2.0 ports, and E-SATA support for external storage
- WiFi enabled with a $90 attachment