Sick of all the junk and clutter on websites? You know what I'm talking about — huge advertisements and weird pop-ups that you just can't seem to close fast enough? Well I came across a site on makeuseof that will strip away all of the hot messes on websites and provide you with a simple and easy-to-read site. The website I'm referring to is called TidyRead. TidyRead makes a website look really bare, so I wouldn't recommend using it for everyday net browsing, but for phones like the iPhone or T-Mobile G1? Bingo. You can either enter the site's URL for TidyRead to work its magic, or you can use TidyRead's browser bookmarklet (so all you have to do is drag the link into your Bookmarks Toolbar). Simple and very effective.
Found a cool website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!