This week: lots of Apple news, the launch of a new Android tablet, and pre-Oscar madness. Check out these stories and other top news in this helpful recap.
- The week started with rumors of a new MacBook Pro coming soon, and on Thursday, the packed-with-awesome-features update finally came.
- As if that's not enough, we have a big event to look forward to! An invitation to a press event Tuesday, March 2 hints that the iPad 2 is near.
- In Apple rumors this week, the announcement of the iPhone 5 could be delayed due to supplier problems. If that happens, it would mark the first time in four years that an iPhone was not launched in the Summer.
- Who could forget: Steve Jobs turned 56 this week!
- Move over Netflix! Amazon has announced a free streaming service to members of Amazon Prime, confirming earlier rumors.
- It's not all iPad news: the Motorola Xoom hit stores this week with an $800 price tag. Motorola is promoting the tablet among an elite set, gifting a Xoom to some high-profile Academy Awards nominees and presenters.
- Speaking of the Oscars, don't forget they're on tomorrow! If you won't be in front of the TV, here are a few ways to catch all of the Oscar action online, including a great iOS app.