This week started with Valentine's Day and ended with a Silicon Valley power dinner of presidential proportions. We saw confirmation of the Facebook phone, a new tablet from HTC, and, of course, another Apple rumor. Check out these stories and more with the recap below.
- The week started with Valentine's Day, so we showed a little love to some of our favorite YouTube stars and women in technology.
- Luckily, Facebook's Randi Zuckerberg was feeling the love too and gave us a closer look at her job, team, and what she's most excited about in 2011.
- Early this week, Jeopardy kicked off a very special week of competition, pitting its two top contestants ever against IBM's Watson, a super computer who ended up winning in spectacular fashion. Take a closer look at the technology behind the machine, and then check out these fun tidbits about the computer that just might be smarter than us.
- The week wouldn't be complete without an Apple rumor. This week: based on a survey sent to current users, the MacBook Air may be getting 3G access in the future. Why buy a tablet when you can get a full-fledged computer?
- Just in time to interest the Fashion Week crowds, Vogue announced a $1 iPad app featuring additional imagery and the current cover story. A bonus? The very first edition features an exclusive photo of Lady Gaga.
- Speaking of tablets, HTC announced some details (but no pricing info) for its own tablet, the Flyer.
- HTC also surprised many people when it announced that the Facebook phones are real. Expect the ChaCha and the Salsa (for real) later this year.
- Facebook also announced two additions to its relationship status option, giving people in civil unions or domestic partnerships the ability to formally announce their status.
- Finally, President Obama met up with the Silicon Valley elite this week. Everyone was looking their best in suits and ties, while Apple CEO Steve Jobs stuck to what he knows best — his St. Croix mock turtleneck.