The wait for the Helio Ocean ended last week and while it took a few days to get our hands on the hot device, our hardcore Helio fan LilPeaPod swooped hers up and shared her review of the device on TeamSugar.
As I have told you before, the device is being marketed as the "world's first dual slider that has it all." The "all" includes: full keyboard, separate numeric keypad, idle screen search, video, camera, e-mail, text messaging, AIM and audio with stereo bluetooth. Of course, it also supports Helio Music, GPS-enabled services and applications and photo caller ID.
LilPeaPod says the dual slider is everything she ever wanted out of her SKII and didn't get. "I can surf the web faster than I could with my SK, Pearl or SDA," says LilPeaPod. "Yes, I've had a lot of phones. But this is by far the easiest surfing experience yet. The speakers on the back are killer. Really great sound." As for things she thinks need improvement, she said she wishes there were Alt Keys on both sides to make switching between numbers, letters and symbols a little easier - there is only one on the left on this model. She also wishes there was a wider space bar (I can attest, it's tiny!)
To check out a full gallery of the Helio Ocean and for more review, read more
While the device was released more than a month in advance of the iPhone, some people are saying it will give the Apple phone a run for its money. What are your thoughts? Have you checked out the device yet?
Check out LilPeaPod's full review of the Helio Ocean.
Do you want to share information about your favorite gadgets with me? Follow the steps below and submit your reviews to the My Favorite Gadgets group.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the My Favorite Gadgets group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "My Favorite Gadgets")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the My Favorite Gadgets group and start posting your great photos! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!