I want to get a show of hands here — how many of you pick up your cell phones as soon as you land at a destination? A majority of us, right? Geesh, remember the days when cell phones didn't exist and the person picking you up at the airport would have to assume your flight was on time and therefore sit and wait to only realize it was delayed by five hours? Texting and calling "the chosen one" who got the lucky task of picking us up at the airport may be sufficient, but I'm all about simplifying my life even more and now there's ArrivedOK to help me in my quest.
ArrivedOK acts as an international flight tracker and will allow you to input your flight with the destination airport, expected arrival time, and the phone number and emails of the person(s) picking you up at the airport. This amazing site/service will shoot them a message as soon as you land by detecting that your phone has been turned on. The subscriber's phone must be registered with a local GSM network to work.
Want to share a cool website with geeksugar? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!