For my geek mommies out there, it's gotta be hard to reconcile your love for tech without inviting unwanted information into your kids' eyes and ears. Everything scandalous is a click away on the Internet, and your TV has always posed a big too-much-information-for-little-eyes threat. Thankfully, the blessed TiVo, amazing as always has a solution: KidZone.
To see how to use KidZone, just read more
- Go to the TiVo home screen and click "Messages and Settings."
- Click on "Get TiVo KidZone." Select "Yes, Turn On TiVo KidZone."
- Choose your child's/children's age range and a password.
- In "KidZone Settings" under "Messages and Settings," you can control the channels your kids have access to, and update the age range of the shows for your kids and your passwords.
- To get to your set up KidZone, just select your "Now Playing List" — it'll be in there as "Enter TiVo KidZone." Once in, you'll see the special KidZone "Now Playing List."
Apparently you can only choose Parental Controls or KidZone, and if you have Parental Controls set, setting up KidZone will wipe them out, so decide which one works better for you.
Also of note: when you have KidZone turned on, and go to live TV, the only channels that will show up are the KidZone-set channels for the set age range, and only the channel up and down buttons will work to get to each. In KidZone, TiVo has suggested programs that are in your kids' age range and suitable for them.