The holidays aren't just a time to stuff your face with home-cooked meals, it's also a time to reconnect with your family. Don't just huddle around the TV to watch the football game on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day — try getting the whole clan involved in some friendly video game competition. Who says family gatherings have to be boring?
- Wii Sports — ($30) — It's the hit that keeps on kickin! Wii Sports is still a crowd-pleaser at my house — and many others — during the holidays, since it gets everyone moving (which seems to help with digestion of a big meal). And as you'd expect, bowling is an age-defying favorite, but the other games, including golf, tennis, baseball, and boxing, provide endless hours of entertainment.
- Dance Central 2 ($50) — Just imagine Uncle Joe shaking his groove thang to Lady Gaga, and Auntie Sissy battling it out against you on the dance floor. This game is a lot of fun, and even more entertaining to watch.
- Wii Party ($34) — Leave the old-timey board game in the closet and play this game instead. Wii Party lets you use your Mii to compete in over 13 different party games and 17 minigames that are fun for the kids and grandparents alike.
- Mario Kart ($49) — Use your Wii controller or a special Wii wheel to race your friends and fam through courses set along Mario-themed tracks.
- Kinect Sports ($44) — Sure, there's a newer version of Kinect Sports, but the original is still a fave. The original features soccer, beach volleyball, bowling, table tennis, track and field, and boxing to get your family off the couch post-Thanksgiving pig-out.