Remember 1988, that simple time when there were no cell phone or iPod commercials and the only iPhone on the market was a clunky cord phone? Well, the era of pay phones and pen pals came to a close in 1989, when the first ever cell phone commercial aired, launching what was sure to be decades of 30-second signal strength battles.
Notice how Centel plays the "can you hear me now?" game with elevator music, off roading and a giant phone the size of my hair straightener. It's truly magical.
Have you seen a great technology commercial or run across funny gadgets while traveling? Share your photos, news, reviews and tips with me and I'll feature my favorites on the homepage. To learn how to post your finds to the Geeky Things I Love, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Geeky Things I Love
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this post was "museum, Lego")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Geeky Things I Love and start sharing your finds. They might end up on the geeksugar homepage!