I love robot voices! They always sound weird and robotic and hilarious all at the same time. VozMe is a website that lets you create mp3s from text and already has me in geeky giggle fits. You just type something in the text box and hit "create mp3" and a robot will say what you just typed. You can even save your creations by clicking "download mp3" in the pop-up window, and then do a "save as" from your browser. The robotic voice even works in Spanish and you can add VozMe to your iGoogle page. My head is spinning with pranking opportunities and who my first victims will be — looks like the pizza guy is about to get an order from Hal!
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.