Walmart Family Mobile is different from other non-contract services in that it combines some aspects of traditional, end of the month billing cycles, with prepaid features. It's inexpensive, simple, and will be quite attractive for low-income families and tech-savvy mobile users alike. Want to get all the details? Then just keep reading.
Here's what you'll get in a new Walmart Family Mobile plan:
- "Post-paid" plans — paid at the end of the month, but won't require credit checks or deposits
- $45 a month for the first line, $25 a month for each additional line
- Unlimited voice and text for each line
- Reduced cost on cell phones (from Android-run smartphones to clamshell)
- Data plans are paid upfront and as-you-go, shared among all lines of service, and roll over from month-to-month — data never expires. The catch: 1GB of data will cost $40
- Walmart Family Mobile launches on September 20 in over 2,500 locations