Remember when disposable cameras were a regular wedding standby? Thanks to technology, photo sharing has definitely grown easier. Long gone are the days of having to develop film, make copies, and send prints to friends. Now it's as simple as snapping, uploading, and adding a tag.
Looking for a simple way to swap event photos with your friends? Here are five easy ways to share:
- Facebook group: Before the event, create a Facebook group and invite other guests to share their photos on the group's page. Take it a step further by making multiple groups according to who will be there — for instance, one group for friends, one for family, coworkers, etc.
- Twitter/Instagram: When it comes to Twitter and Instagram, it's all about the hashtags. Ask friends to add a specific hashtag, like #KellyandMattWedding720, so that everyone can click on the tag and easily access all the event photos in one place.
- Picasa album: Do most of your friends have a Google account? Try creating a Picasa album where they can add their own snaps. Send an email invitation for friends to access the album, and then share the link with pals who'd like to see the photos.
- Hipstamatic D-Series app: The free Hipstamatic D-Series app allows you to share a "roll" of up to 24 pictures with friends, each of whom can upload their own perspectives of the bash. Even better? You can order prints straight from the Hipstashop.
- Flickr group: If all your friends are on Flickr, then go for a group where you can each upload your favorite shots from the day. Make it completely public to give anyone access, go invitation-only to keep it private, or stay totally private if you have no intention of making the album public in the future.
Do you have any tips for sharing event photos? Let us know in the comments below!