The other day I went on a search for beautiful websites that might lift my spirits and provide that "Rom/Com" like high.
I found 300 Love Letters, a fun site created by a woman with plenty of words, emotion and humor to share. It reminds me of the One Million Messages project, but it's definitely a more personal endeavor — the creator wrote three hundred love letters to strangers, friends, lovers, ex lovers and family members and posted them on the site. The homepage looks like a mosaic of colored tiles, but each color represents a letter and when you click on it, you are taken to a sweet, sometimes twisted and deeply personal letter.
Why did she do it? She says:
At the start I had one very simple goal: by the end of this project I wanted to be able to write a love letter to anyone, a stranger on the street, or someone that I have nothing but scorn for. I wanted to be able to pull out and vocalize the small thread connecting me to them, them to me, the something in them that I found beautiful or real and the something between us that existed beneath everything, acknowledged or unacknowledged, forgotten gestures and moments, strange and rare affinities.
If you take a 20-minute cruise on the site you'll see exactly what she means. To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post”
- Give your story a “Title”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it
- Click “Next"
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags
- Click “I’m done” to submit content
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!