I have a love hate relationship with AIM speak, which for those of you that steer clear of Instant Messaging are all the acronyms, slang, and abbreviations that people use when talking on AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Google or other instant messaging services. For years I wondered if it is making people illiterate, but it seems text messages have taken on that role.
My new theory is this: If you're gonna use AIM speak, you might as well do it right. The AIM Acronym Dictionary offers a run down of every acronym you will ever need to use (except for the dirty ones, of course). My favorites are listed in the table below, but check out the site for the full effect.
|AKK||Asleep at the keyboard|
|ADAD||Another day, another dollar|
|BIL||Boss is listening|
|DQMOT||Don't quote me on this|
|TAFN||That's all for now|
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!