Getting email alerts for all of the things I'm interested in is great because, quite honestly, I do not have time to constantly monitor and collect information on a variety of topics.
I've already introduced you to Alerts.com, Shopping Notes and the Sale Alerts feature on ShopStyle, but what if you need alerts on things like traffic, earthquakes, or new YouTube videos? Then there's this great site called Alertpedia, which I saw on Makeuseof. Alertpedia will send you an email alert (you decide how often) about your specified topic.
Do you have a cool site like this you want to share with geeksugar readers? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!