I get all sorts of reminders and alerts sent to my email inbox and my cell phone. The problem? It's hard to keep them all updated and organized. The wonderful Remember the Milk will send you reminders that you create in a variety of formats, but what if you want notifications like weather forecasts automatically sent to you — without having to set the notification up yourself?! There's a new site called Alerts! (I'll try to contain my excitement).
Once you set up a free account, Alerts acts as your personal manager, sending things like birthday notifications, price changes on products, traffic alerts, wakeup calls, and daily horoscopes. You get to choose how you want your notification delivered — be it via email, text message, instant messaging, or even voice. . . helping you manage your mismanaged life!
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!