Up until the last couple of months I thought people who relied on electronic organizers were crazy, but I've recently become addicted to using my camera phone to make lists and recording my expenses on my phone with Dime Tracker and understand how great it is to keep your lists online. If you're like me and trying to get organized Backpack It is a great resource. The site allows you to keep your schedule, to-dos, notes and ideas online in one place.
Apparently people use the site for all kinds of things — from planning weddings, listing items for sale, storing canned e-mails, organizing rebates to planning trips. The calendar feature allows you to control multiple calendar in one place (always a pain for those of us juggling work and personal calendars) and even get e-mail and SMS reminders 30-minutes before events. The service is free, but you can upgrade for more features.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!