I love playing around with PhotoBooth on my Mac, so when I discovered this cool site, I couldn't help but have some experimental photo fun. Cameroid is similar to flick a day because it allows you to take pictures with your webcam and then decide what you want to do with them from a selection of fun features. Featured on Lifehacker, once you take a picture on this site you can either print it, save it on your desktop or on their server as well as add fun special effects like I did below. Cameroid will also provide you with a link to your image so you can use it later for your IM avatar or on sites like TeamSugar and myspace.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!