An article in this weekend's New York Times exposed "BlackBerry as a Weapon in the Fight to Commute," showcasing a website called Clever Commute, which allows users to exchange e-mail messages with fellow riders to ease and speed their commute.
You use your Smartphone to navigate delays via timely info from people making the same trip as you. Right now the free service is only available for people living in New York and Chicago, but the company plans on expanding their coverage. We can all agree that gridlock traffic is awful, so sites like Clever Commute definately point to a future of more informed driving.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!