Finally a dating site for the World of Warcraft–obsessed friends that put up a roommate ad on Craigslist.
Datecraft.com aims to "assist and facilitate the building of relationships between World of Warcraft enthusiasts." A site called The Curse recently interviewed the Datecraft founder, who explained that the inspiration for the site came after years of him playing online games and wondering about the people on the other end of the Internet. Here's more:
I began to wonder “who are these people I’m playing with?” Was that Midgard Dwarf really a short stubby 40-something year old in his mom’s basement? Or was it a really attractive, young female that had some extra time on her hands? In any case, my curiosity led me to begin thinking about ways in which I would be able to meet, or at least see, my fellow guildmates (and the random PUG groups) on or offline. And, to be quite honest, the Elf from Hibernia, was she dateable?
After the launch of World of Warcraft, the Datecraft founder said he began hearing "real life stories of people who had met in game, contacted each other in real life, met each other, dated, and then married!" The resulting site is a natural extension of the online gaming and dating phenomenon, but is genuinely entertaining and interesting for both gamers and nongamers. To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!