Personal blogs are a tricky business; while they're great for blowing off steam or having a creative outlet, not everyone is comfortable sharing that much about themselves. But sometimes you want to be so personal, and if most of your life can be handled at your computer screen, why shouldn't you be able to record your deepest thoughts?
Diary is the answer - set up like a blog, with all the options to upload pictures, galleries, videos, and most importantly, your innermost thoughts - but it's all private, just for you. Of course, it wouldn't be Web 2.0 if you didn't have the option to make it public. Just be careful of the TMI factor.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!